app shows hot water off, however boiler will not switch off

I have removed power from the boiler otherwise it will run all night, help with this problem please

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Tony Sounds like a support issue but if someone on here can help, it would require more information about your system etc please.

• Mid day boost

Water timer set to start at 1245

Heating set to come on at 1300… along with 9 thermostatic controlled radiators

Bearing in mind the problem was first noticed yesterday at 21 Feb at 0900 and certainly persisted during the lunch time boost and the evening session.

I have today monitored it more closely and with more knowledge and understanding!

My app showed boiler starting as set at 1245… App showed heating coming on at 1300 with all nine radiators changing from green to orange and displaying relevant temperatures.

So far so good!

The boiler is set to switch off at 1330, the app showed hot water off at the correct time, however, what did happened, for the next 30 minutes the boiler was switching between on and off… on for possibly 30 seconds then switching off and a flashing display on my ICOS boiler ‘A’ then ‘H' for possibly 30 seconds, with the boiler then coming back on… this continued for 30 minutes, until 1400 in fact when the heating was set to switch off. At 1400 the app showed heating and radiators switching from orange to green, the heating did switch off as did the boiler!

My settings are set for the boiler to come on for a period before the heating and then to go off in advance of the heating. 

• It would appear, the hot water setting is also controlling the heating pump!

• I'm seeing something similar, Just turned only my hot water on and the radiators came on. Never done this before.

• I have noticed that the extension kit occasionally doesn't shut off the heating or HW circuit. The only way I can fix this is to power off the system and restart

This might be what you're seeing? Especially if you are getting heat in your radiators when HW is coming on.

I would try restarting the extension kit as an initial check