Apps how heating but boiler was not (but was working) why?

On 2 occasions I have noticed the house was cool and the kitchen radiator was cold (has Smart Radiator Value).

I checked the app and it showed "heating to xx" on the rooms with Smart Radiator Valves and the Smart Thermostat. However the boiler was not heating. I watched the boiler, occasionally it came on for just 30 seconds and went off.

On checking the Kitchen radiator Smart Valve it showed low battery. When I unmounted it it was wet. With the valve unmounted the boiler ran fine and house temperature rose to normal.

I dried the valve (batteries were fine) and remounted. All working again.

1. Why did the app not show an error on the kitchen Smart Radiator Valve?
  2. Why did a problem with the one valve cause the boiler to only heat for such short periods and mess up all the heating?

Rob

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@Rankin99 Hello - if the valve was wet was it a result of an accident and if not have you checked again since to determine whether or not you have a leak? I can only imagine what the result of a wet tado trv might produce.

• Yes i am investigating why wet.

Point is why app did not report the low battery at valve or that it could not communicate?

And why it stopped the boiler heating the house?

Rib
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭

Sorry but I can sort of understand a wet TRV not communicating but not why the boiler stopped heating.

• Odd one. I would understand if it was just the Kitchen that was cold, but if other rooms were cold and those TRVs were calling for heat then your boiler should have kicked in regardless.

• Exactly.
    And the so did not notify a Device issue.

How do i get an answer from Tado?