5.2 Degree Increase In 30 Minutes?

Options
Adzyp
Adzyp
edited February 2020 in General Questions & Topics
Now that is not right is it?! Tado Support are trying to tell me that its normal and suggesting I turn my boiler temperature down - its only set to 68 degrees anyway, if anything, too low.

It happens every single day. Its in our bedroom so throughout the day its allowed to go as low as 15 then at 8pm each night I've got it set to warm up to 19 for 2 hours. But within 30 minutes it shuts itself off as it rockets up past 21 degrees (shouldn't really go that high either).

Support are useless so not sure what else to do?

Tried to add images below but not sure how to do it

https://i.ibb.co/CtDyLWT/Screenshot-20200218-151806-com-huawei-himovie-overseas.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/Db6K21y/Screenshot-20200218-151820-com-huawei-himovie-overseas.jpg

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Adzyp Do you have a decent thermometer to check the temperature when it turns off? Surprised at shooting above 21 when set on 19 - mine tend to hover 0.5 +/-

Your images are fine thanks.

• Adzyp
    Options
    @samd, yeah theres a thermometer in the room which is pretty close when cool. That's why I think it's madness that Tado are telling me its normal when

1. A 5 degree spike in 30 mins is impossible surely, it takes my living room hours to raise by that much.

2. It's going to 21 when set to 19. None of the others go this far past.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Adzyp I agree with both points in your latest post. Sorry to say this but the only way you are going to prove your case with support is to swap your bedroom tado trv with one from another room. If your bedroom then works fine but in the other room still is wonky... proof for support that yours is faulty?

• Adzyp
    Options

@samd yeah I am planning to do that this evening. Had another response from them this morning basically saying they have checked and everything seems fine...not great