Reduce the comfort temperature range to 18-21°c

Options
13»

Comments

• eezytiger
    eezytiger ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options

Do we even need an app to tell us whether we are comfortable or not? We are not children. Don't we already know?

They don't discriminate by room type, time of day, activity level, clothing or local climate and expectations. It is a one size fits nobody solution.

If they can't "fix"it maybe they should remove it completely. It has all the useful functionality of a chocolate teapot.

I have no problem with seeing temperature and humidity presented, and a mould risk warning would be helpful, but, when I'm on the exercise bike beside a wide open patio door, fan blowing, and sweating buckets, don't tell me it's too cold and to turn up the heating. I'll be the judge of what's too cold.

• Phil_S
    Options
    19 is plenty, 21 is too hot. Let's have a user defined setting please.
  • Bwilly90
    Options
    Fully support user-defined settings for Air Comfort. Ideal temperatures even differ as you age so for young people the current setting is way overboard and essentially advises wasting energy. Please add this functionality - Tado is very nearly a perfect setup for our needs.
  • Miff60
    Miff60
    edited January 2023
    Options
    So Tado’s own website states that the recommended bedroom temp for sleep is between 16 and 18 deg, but the app always tells you it’s too cold at 18 deg?? Surely the ideal temp of a bedroom (or any room for that matter) should vary according to the time of day. This would not be beyond the wit of a half decent programmer. Tado need to greatly improve the Air Comfort section of the app
  • Kiml42
    Options

Related to this, I thought it was great that the schedule had blue blocks for when I wanted it cold (at night and while at work) and orange blocks for when you wanted it warm, nice and easy to see what's going on. But then I saw that the warm block were set to 25 and thought that was ridiculous, so I set them to 18, and suddenly it's all blue. Couldn't it just have a gradient from blue to orange and colour the blocks from that, so my 18s would be a paler orange than 25, but still discernable from the 10s.

• TDF60
    Options

I am a French user of TADO and if we want to follow the French government recommendations according to TADo our homes will be always cold., 19° looks like a no-no.

Could we have at least TADO following its own recommendation announced in their web site?

• ldoodle
    ldoodle
    edited February 2023
    Options
    "So Tado’s own website states that the recommended bedroom temp for sleep is between 16 and 18 deg"

My "base" temperature during the day is 14!

Time blocks:

00:00-08:00 = 10.0
    08:00-22:00 = 14.0
    22:00-00:00 = 10.0

Only exception is bathroom, which has 2 extra blocks:

07:30-08:30 = 22.0
    16:30-17:30 = 22.0

According to Comfort, my house is always cold and humid, which isn't so.

I would NEVER want the heating to come on over night. Right now all my bedrooms are under that 16-18degree recommendation which means the heating would be on in them all. No thanks!
  • I don't disagree with any of the thread above, this should be user configurable if Tado aren't going to regionalise their offer for the UK in this regard.

By all means include a clear warning (with citations so people can go read up on it) when we go to change the defaults that they are based on xyz health recommendations.

But if Tado can't keep up with varying local regulations yet are going to sell internationally then they probably ought to put in the dev time for a way for us to do this.

Come on Tado, once someone has invested in your productset you've got them trapped due to sunk cost, and you charge a sub. Can you please start using some of that software-driven income stream to actually improve the software?

• Phillip_PAL
    Options

Just spotted the basic range of TRV, it looks to only have a few settings - off, 19, 21, 23, 25 😲. Just bizarre!

• andyblac
    andyblac ✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

@Phillip_PAL yeah agree, 16, 18, 19, 21 would have been better.

• jfb
    Options

Maybe Tado could use the below guidelines for the comfort measurement. Our lounge is set at 19C which is fine in winter as long as I am wearing a jumper.

The Energy Saving Trust recommends heating your home to between 18 to 21 degrees celsius during winter. And The World Health Organisation (WHO) suggests 18 degrees is the ideal temperature for healthy and well-dressed people. Both agree this is also the ideal temperature for sleeping.

In practice, you should be heating your home based on the age and health of your household. The WHO suggests 20 degrees as the ideal temperature for the old, young or unwell. For healthy adults, you should heat your home to a room temperature that feels comfortable.

According to lullabytrust.org.uk, it’s vital a newborn’s room is neither too hot or cold. This is because the risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome) is higher for babies feeling too hot. They recommend heating the room of a newborn to 16 to 20 degrees.

• 100% agree, would be so easy to have a user defined baseline/target temp
  • royi
    Options

I also agree. It's annoying seeing those messages, especially the humidity is now showing incorrect figures and a lot of people are panicking.

• spinnekop
    Options

And still no one is listening - we are in an echo chamber talking to one another?

• Fmorris
    Options
    Completely agree. The colour coding is confusing and our comfort zone is 18-20. It would be great if we could change this ourselves.
  • WTBram
    Options
    Agree, let me lower the scale and save energy along the way.
  • GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see how changing the "indicated" comfort range can affect your actual usage.....surely it's how you set/use the tado system that regulates your actual usage.