turn room off

Options

why oh why cant you just turn a room off that has multiple trv's off without having to destroy the time setting you have done. have 8 room guest house, system works great but i want to turn each room on off as guest arrive or leave? seems a simple request?

Comments

• Hello,

I have the same use case as the one described by rolandwb. I have one room that is a guest room and I rarely use and I want to turn it off for long periods of time (weeks).

I checked the recommended thread but it does not solve the problem. That’s about a global on/off switch (which by now is available).

If I turn it off manually on the room temperature control, it will resume at the next scheduled event.

The only way to turn it off for long period of time is to lower the temperature in that room schedule. This is not practical because I then need to re create the schedule every time I need to use the room.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you
  • starconf
    Options

You should be able to manually turn off the heating in the room (in the app, not using the trv), then set the time you want this to take effect for to 'Until you resume schedule'. You do this by slecting the pencil icon in the bottom right and dragging the slider all the way to the right. I have done this on a room in my house with multiple TRV's and it has kept the heating off in those rooms for a few months now without affecting the schedule of the other rooms, so it sohuld work. You can then resume the schedule of that room by pressing the 'Resume Schedule' button.

I have seen complaints in the past that the heating resumed a few days later even after using this duration setting, but that was a while ago so I think the problem is fixed, and it worked as expected for me. If that doesn't work for you then you might have to contact Tado support to see why.

• GrayDav4276
    Options

Hi @FordwychDani

I would recommend that you spend some time checking out exactly what is achievable in your App........open up various features and try out some different settings.......you won't break anything......this is the best way to understand what your system is capable of. You can achieve exactly what you are asking for.......have a look and give it a try.