Tado TRV question.

Options

Hi,

I have a Tado room thermostat which controls 3 radiators in my house and 2 Tado radiator valves which are in two other rooms.

I'd like to be able to control the rooms with the radiator valves in them separately to the others. At the moment if the radiator valve calls for heat the rest of the radiators heat up.

Can this be resolved or do I need to have a Tado radiator valve in every room?

Thanks in advance.

DS

Best Answer

Answers

• Derek
    Options

@samd Fab, thank you for that. I have asked the question on the chat, waiting on a their reply.

• Derek
    Options

@samd

This is the response. Any other advice?

Cheers DS

"thank you for contacting us!

When you say "At the moment if the radiator valve calls for heat the rest of the radiators heat up." - do you mean that, when one of the tado° Smart Radiator Thermostats calls for heat, the radiators without tado° heat up, correct?

This is how the tado° Smart Thermostat works together with the tado° Smart Radiator Thermostats.

Roles:

• The Smart Thermostat controls the boiler (sometimes in combination with a tado° Extension Kit,
    • Smart Radiator Thermostats are used for individual room control.

Normally, a wall thermostat is used to control the boiler. This means that, when the set temperature is reached, the thermostat turns off the boiler. When the temperature drops again, the wall thermostat sends a signal to the boiler to start heating again.

Often, a home is equipped with only one heating circuit and the room thermostat is most commonly placed in a hallway or living room. If this room is warm enough, the boiler will be OFF and even if you turn on a radiator in a different room, there will be no hot water to heat that radiator.

This is where our Smart Radiator Thermostats help you solve this problem. They communicate with our Smart Thermostat and call for heat to the Smart Thermostat, which will fire up the boiler again, if it was on standby before.

What will happen in the room where the Smart Thermostat is installed? Our Smart Radiator Thermostats (if present) will close the radiator valves, as soon as the set temperature for that room is reached.

This means that we recommend that you also fit the Smart Radiator Thermostats in the room where the Smart Thermostat is installed, to make sure that the room does not overheat when other rooms equipped with Smart Radiator Thermostats are calling for heat.

All radiators you choose not to equip with Smart Radiator Thermostat will need to be controlled manually.

You can find more information about this topic here."

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Derek Wow! I would reply saying only that you want every tado device to be able to call for heat regardless of the position of the boiler-controlling thermostat.