Need some help to know exactly what I need to do to install Tado.

I just bought a house without smart thermostat, I want to install Tado as I want to control the heating per room. I was ready to buy it until I realize I need to check the connection of my valves. After digging on internet I found I have Oventrop Radio Thermostats UNI L Maxi 40x1.5, in the valves support file that I found on Tado website said these valves are not supported and actually there is not adapter available for it.

It seems my valves are too old, I'm willing to change and buy other stuff to be able to install Tado, but I don't know what exactly I'll have to change. What I have to do in order to install tado with my current system?

Any help will be appreciate it.

NOTE: I know I can install a central thermostat for my house, but as my house has 3 levels, It will be a waste of energy to heat the whole house at the same time.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• This is my current Radio Thermostat

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@damianfabian Hello - You said: I know I can install a central thermostat for my house, but as my house has 3 levels, It will be a waste of energy to heat the whole house at the same time

No need to worry about that. Every tado device (room or radiator thermostat) can call for heat regardless of the setting of any other device. Sorry I can't help you with your current rad thermostats but replacing them is around £15 each (UK) plus costs of drain down and fitting (unless do it yourself) Good luck!

• That's great, that's exactly what I want to know, so basically I'll have to remove the Thermostat knob, remove the current valves and replace them with new ones that support Tado. After changing the valves, I won't need to buy new Thermostat Knobs because I'll use the radio buttons from Tado. am I right?

Thank you so much for your answer and help!

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

@damianfabian That is correct - just take note that you have a house with 3 levels but the maximum number of rooms is 10 (but there are ways to get round that)