How can I change my Smart Thermostat from one room to another

I have been using a thermostat to control two thermostatic radiators but have now a better use for it in my bedroom. How do I do this. Each time I try I am directed to the help centre, which at the moment I dont find helpful.., being bobarded with more questions than answers

Answers

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

@ColinK Hello - I certainly moved mine without support intervention. I did it, not by telling tado I was moving the room stat, rather by using the app to move the smart TRVs currently controlled by the thermostat, into a new room.

So let's say your thermo is currently in Lounge. Using app, move the bedroom TRVs into Lounge (change measuring devices) and then move the original Lounge TRVs into bedroom and change measuring devices. Do one TRV at a time to make sure it's |OK.

All that on the basis that you are not physically moving a wired roomstat.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭

I should have also said you will then need to rename the two rooms BUT not doing a straight exchange. For example, give the Lounge which is now the bedroom a name different to both those names.

• Thanks for the advice but mine is wired which makes the difference. I had it all sorted by the very helpful Nina at Tado