Smart Thermostat replacing a Danfoss TP7001m timer/thermostat

mm99
mm99
edited December 2019 in General Questions & Topics

Hi

can i switch over a Danfoss TP7001m timer/thermostat to a tado Smart Thermostat, I removed my TP7001 to replace it with the Tado controller and the wiring looks different, I

expect i need to change the back plate but don't know how to wire it up as the wiring labels are different,

Thanks

Michael

Answers

• First, your existing wiring is not exactly right;
    The brown wire coming from the wall is the permanent live coming from the fused switch that you should have near the boiler; the blue sleeved is the neutral and the black with brown sleeve is the switched live going back to the boiler (carries the signal that tells the boiler to fire up)

H Com and H on should be swapped; I’m sure it’s working fine now, but logically it would make more sense if they were swapped

If you fit a TadoThermostat, the only wires you need are the brown and black (brown sleeved) coming from the wall; you need to fit the former to the NC contact and the latter to COM
  • Hi Jacoscar

Thanks for the advice, in summary:

Brown and Black (currently in H COM) to Tado NC and the Brown (currently in L) to Tado COM

bin the current cable running from L to H ON and park the neutral (Blue cable)?

Thanks

Michael

• Hi mm99, did you manage to replace the Danfoss TP7001M ?

I've just got a Tado thermostat and wanted to be sure I got the right cables in the right place.

based on previous comments, is it correct to say:

HCOM (Dafoss) to NC (Tado)

L (Dafoss) to COM (Tado)

• Hi

I would go with the wire colours, not were the wires are connected in the Danfoss controller as my unit was wired incorrectly
  • Hi There, I've followed these instructions, but the heating system doesn't run when Tado 'calls for heat'. We live in an apartment with a Danfoss FlatStation HUI (Heat Interface Units). We've also installed Tado Radiator Thermostats, which show 'calling for heat' but the HUI pump doesn't activate via the Smart Thermostat. I wonder if it's a configuration issue; any guidance is welcome!