w.Intercom = i;Can I use 3 wires in 2-way wago when to connect tado wireless receiver? — tado° Community

Can I use 3 wires in 2-way wago when to connect tado wireless receiver?

LiamW
LiamW
edited October 18 in General Questions & Topics
I posted a couple of days ago about removing wires from a choc block: https://community.tado.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/84318

The wires are now out (better screwdriver was needed...), but I've got a question regarding the wiring.

The neutral and live wires are split in two, and it appears they were connected by the choc block previously.

The tado package comes with wagos, but does anyone know how to use them in this circumstance? I understand I need the existing live and neutral wires reconnecting, which I presume could be done via the wago, but how do I then connect them to the new receiver? Can I twist the existing live and neutrals together and insert in one side of the wago, and connect a fresh L/N from the other side (using two wagos) into the new receiver?

I've attached a picture of the current wiring. I guess the black and grey wires can go straight into the new receiver and the green/yellow can be connected via a wago, but what about the neutral and lives?

Answers

• Wagos are simple pop lever connectors. Here's a video on how to use them:

How To Make The Perfect Connection With WAGO 221 Connectors (youtube.com). Wagos are designed to enable each cable to be fitted cleanly into its own slot. So where three come together, it is best to use a three slot Wago 221, but they arent cheap. I prefer them, but they are expensive.

Suggest you drop into a building supplier like Screwfix, buy a chocolate strip connector and replace the old one.