w.Intercom = i;Boiler not switching off — tado° Community

Boiler not switching off

Installed the Tado starter kit V3+, Installation easy enough with wiring instructions provided for replacing the existing controller and room stat.

Problem is that the central heating is always on regardless of settings. The boiler continues to be on. the only way to turn off the CH is to switch of the mains supply to the controller. Doing a search on this forum, It seems that this is a very common problem with the Tado and no certain fix seems available other than the tap with a screwdriver to free a stuck relay. I have a ticket in with support at the moment and so far have sent them pictures of the wiring and they have replied asking me to switch the CH NO cable to the P1 terminal, I have done this and the boiler no longer stays on when power is supplied but it will not turn on when I switch on CH via stat or app. Waiting on reply from support. My system is a sealed system, Y plan with an external oil fired heat only boiler. The old controller was a Danfoss 715s type and Danfoss wired room stat, Bolier is an warmflow heatpac 26. Will re-post as soon as I hear from support.

Comments

• I have just had a tado installed and all looked correct BUT the boiler is now not turning off. I have linked everything to the internet and get the tado to appear as per the front panel that has been turned on or turned off but as stated the boiler is not going off.

Could the tado be wired incorrectly? It has replaced one of the old timers with the ‘teeth’ to set on and off times.

• @eiral
    Am not working for Tado, nor an installer, but have used Tado systems in more than one home for a long time. The fact that your boiler is running when the NO wire is isolated says that there is a serious wiring error somewhere and you need to be very careful. Technically that NO wire is the primary live wire trigger for the boiler. It means your boiler is getting its power trigger from another source.

Please carefully document the system.
    1. You identify your boiler as a warmflow heatpac 26 external. Could you provide a link to that boiler in the Internet? Need to understand it's switching controls and whether it runs on pure relay on off controls or whether it uses a more sophisticated control, irrespective of how it was wired originally.
    2. You state that there is Y system, which means there is a 3 way valve. Is there a wiring centre into which all that is arranged? Please take a shot of its internals.
    3. You state that your old programmer was a Danfoss 715s. Do you actually refer to the TS715si or the FP715? The former is capable of running on mains voltage or 24 volts, the latter in mains voltage only. Please inform us what the change of wiring you did, pin by pin, as you disengaged the old programmer and replaced the wired thermostat.
    * normally a programmer is simply a proxy on off switch for a boiler, giving switched live power to the HW circuit, or the CH circuit or both.
    * THEN the individual thermostats take that feed and either pass it on (if there is a call for heat) or refuse to allow it on.
    * THEN the three way valve is told to move by both the HW thermostat and the CH thermostat. When it is correctly positioned it passes on that live power to the boiler which turns on and devotes it's energy output to wherever the valve directs it.
    What it does not do is fire unless the switched live input to the boiler is LIVE.
    Please document the system carefully and we will try to help. Be careful as there is a live feed which is not being turned on by the Tado components, but by something else.
    Do you have a lit electric screwdriver or a multimeter to hand?
  • @Pennypacker
    Hello. I suggest you start a different thread. There is a wiring error and when you do start that thread please document what's was in place and what you did. Will help.