w.Intercom = i;Help to identify valve type and adaptor — tado° Community

Help to identify valve type and adaptor

hello, can anyone identify this valve and recommend an adaptor, please? I’ve not had a response from Tado to date.
Winter is coming!

Answers

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    edited October 14
    May we know why? If you are installing a smart trv head it comes with a whole kit, one of the adapters usually fits. You having problems with that?
  • Yea of course, thanks for asking.
    I want to connect a smart TRV but none of the adaptors work that Tado provide in their kits and I can’t match this valve to any of the recommended alternative adaptors. I sent images to Tado but no response.
    Hoping someone recognises the logo and/or valve so I can source an adaptor.
  • Darn. How comfortable are you with draining a system and replacing the valves?
  • First thought is you won't get a Tado head on due to the skirting board being too close. It also would be a very dead corner for temp sensing. Only suggestion is to swap the valves and put a Tado on the other side of the radiator. Have you got a dumb TRV to try as a starter.

• Can’t say I’m confident as I haven’t done it before but nothing a plumber couldn’t do I Suppose.

I do have a dummy TRV, I will try this and report back. Thanks for your input