w.Intercom = i;Bad connection of a Smartest tado radiator V3 — tado° Community

Bad connection of a Smartest tado radiator V3

Good morning, I have a smartest radiator with a bad connection that goes on and off. I have tried the following with no luck

1) changed the batteries and put the ones Tado sents with a new Tado thermostat 

2) put another Tado thermostat in this radiator. The Tado thermostat that worked perfectly in another radiator, starts being offline here

3) I put the bridge that is connected to the router horizontally 

4) I put a WiFi amplifier close to the radiator

None of this worked.

I have email Tado support with no answer. Any clue, please?

Thank you

Best Answer

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator
    Answer ✓

@JavierJ Hello Javier. This sounds like the radiator/TRV is too far from the internet dongle for the 6lowpan connection in your home. Suggested solutions from users include:

• mount the dongle higher and vertical (not horizontal), move it to central in your home.
    • Our rellie attached their dongle to a cheap TP/Link Wi-Fi extender with an Ethernet port and used the Tado power block. It’s fitted centrally on the first floor of their three storey Edwardian villa.
    • Request Tado to provide you with the off-line scheduling for V3+ (at the top of the community pages).

HTH.

Answers

• Agreed with @wateroakley.
    The Internet bridge talks to the TRV using (IIRC an 866Mhz) radio system. A wireless amp makes no difference. Radio frequencies are more effective when the dongle is placed higher in the house.
    A powerline adaptor placed strategically central in the house, with the dongle plugged into that should fix it.