w.Intercom = i;Danfoss room sensor — tado° Community

Danfoss room sensor

Does anyone know which wires we need to bridge together? This is our old wired room sensor which I believe we need to bridge before the wireless sensor takes over.

You can’t really see in the image but the numbers are 4 5 1 2 3

Best Answers

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi. The model number for your Thermostat is probably RM230. Please check, the label will be on the old thermostat's white cover on the inside, not the outside.

It should be wired to your Tado thermostat as follows

Pin 1 of the Danfoss: transfer to the COM pin on the Tado.

Pin 2 of the Danfoss: place any where on this pin, on Pin P1 of the Tado

Pin 3 of the Danfoss: place this wire onto NO of the Tado

Pin 4 of the Danfoss: place this onto Pin P2 of the Tado

Pin 5 of the Danfoss: place onto Pin P3 of the Tado.

Now there be a bridging wire, between the Danfoss Pin 1 and Danfoss Pin 5, you can ignore that wire, throw it away, don't screw it in.

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    The wire for COM and the wire for NO should be bridged if you want to kick off central heating temporarily. Remember though it was a thermostat, and so you will force the boiler to runway producing heat if that bridge is not stopped.

Answers

• Thank you, as far as I can tell by the instructions, I need to put the COM and NO into those little clamp things. However I have no idea which of the 3 coloured wires is COM and NO as there are only numbers and don’t want to chance guessing as no idea what would happen if we get it wrong!

We have wired the receiver as per instructions so just need the new tado sensor to take over control
  • Don’t worry, we didn’t think to check the inside cover! 🤦‍♀️. All ok now