w.Intercom = i;How does a wired thermostat work with the radiator thermostat? — tado° Community

How does a wired thermostat work with the radiator thermostat?

We have two circuits in our heating system and two wired thermostats. We have just installed these today, plus 8 radiator thermostats (all V3+). It seems that I can only successfully call for heat from one of the radiator thermostats if it's corresponding wired thermostat is also calling for heat. So if I turn thermostat up on radiator, but the wired thermostat has reached it's correct temp, then the radiator doesn't heat. up. But if I also turn up the temp on the wired thermostat that is on the same loop, then the radiator will also heat up.

Is this correct?

I assumed that the radiator thermostat would be able to call for heat, and heat up, regardless of what the wired thermostat is doing.

Is there anyway to get the radiator thermostats to work without depending on their corresponding wired thermostat?

Many thanks

Eleanor

Best Answer

• cbd20
    cbd20 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Eleanor_CJ27 if you've got two wired thermostats, then your house presumably has two heating zones. You need to tell the radiator thermostats which heating zone they belong to.

If you open the app and click Settings, then Rooms & Devices, then click the room name for a room with a radiator thermostat in it. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select Zone Controller, and select the correct wired thermostat. This then allows the rooms to know which zone controller to tell to fire the boiler.

Answers