w.Intercom = i;Need to replace Extension kit (moving house) — tado° Community

Need to replace Extension kit (moving house)

Hi

I will be moving house and intend removing my Tado system (to take it with me) which means putting the TRVs back on the radiators and removing the extension kit. I want to add a simple wireless thermostat and boiler controller so that the new owner won't be without heating!

Can anyone recommend a a suitable controller based on it being easy to swap out the devices? I was looking at the Salus RT310RF Wireless Thermostat.

If anyone has found an easy swap installing the Tado system it should be the same going the other way!!

Richard

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator
    edited October 10

@Millennium The easiest option is probably swap out the Tado TRVs and hand over the setup to the new owner. Then fit a new starter kit in your new home with your TRVs. The starter kits are on special offer today for £94.99 at the well-known on-line store 'A…'. Least cost and least number of jobs on the moving 'to do' list.

Alternatively, fit a new Tado wireless starter kit for the lucky new owner of your home and take your full Tado system with you. Probably easier and cheaper than replacing and/or rewiring with a different make/model programmer/stat.

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    edited October 10
    I agree with @wateroakley. Tried to do that myself and found myself wasting precious time.

Yet both the Drayton wireless stat and the salus wireless stats are dead easy to fit.