w.Intercom = i;How do I connect my Tado thermostat? — tado° Community

How do I connect my Tado thermostat?

I leave attached photos of my old thermostat and how the wires are connected. Since Tado uses batteries I suppose I have to insulate and not use the PHASE and NEUTRAL wires. Should the two purple wires be connected as I have circled the photo?

Best Answer

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Place the Black wire in P1, the Blue wire in P2. That parks them both.

It still is not clear whether the old thermostat uses low voltage or 240 volts. Do you have access to a meter or electric screwdriver which lights or beeps when it is near 240v? Whats the brand and model No?

Based upon the wiring in the photo, assuming that it is 240v:

• the right hand purple wire should be wired to COM.
    • the left hand purple wire is fitted to NO.

However before wiring them in do check whether the wires were meant to be 240v or low voltage. This will help you set the correct role for the thermal sensor.

Answers

• @policywonk The old thermostat is a VEMER VN171500 KEO-A 230V. The BOILER is an Ariston HS Premium 24 kw. For what are parking connections used? Since Tado does not need a power supply I was thinking of simply sealing the two cables with electrical tape.

• OK. The KEO A is a 230v switch, not digital. That simplifies things and so the suggestion I offered earlier should work.

Why not tape up the cables? Its a long term thing really. Tado provide a means to park unused cables safely, hence the suggestion of P1 and P2. If you have to replace the Tado at some point in the future, those supply points are there. A better approach would be to find where that live/neutral supply cable came from and disconnect it- there is likely to be a wiring centre near the boiler.

Having studied your boiler's installation manuals it initially looks like a simple installation, however there are features in its wiring diagram which suggest that there is a digital control system available, capable of throttling temperature and power output. If I may suggest, would you consider calling Ariston's tech support and ask them whether they were primarily designed to operate with a digital control system, and if so, what? If it wasnt, then this simple switchover is all you have to do. If it was, it may be worth your while looking at whether the Tado bits can be switched to provide digital control of the boiler.