w.Intercom = i;Adding internet bridge stopped the heating and boiler working — tado° Community

Adding internet bridge stopped the heating and boiler working

Hello,

I've searched through the forums until I'm reading everything 5 times and can't find the answer. I am renting a house and there was already a tado set up, from what I could find there is a smart thermostat and trv on rads in most rooms. There are regular rad controllers in two rooms, one beside the boiler and the other in a location not handy for the flimsy tado trv.
I wasn't planning on staying in the house and so didn't invest in an internet bridge but here I am at the beginning of another winter and I want some schedules set up. I connect a new internet bridge yesterday, paired all devices, set up rooms and have the smart thermostat as the zone controller. And since the heating is not working. The app is saying everything is connecting and the room is heating but the boiler is not responding. I have hot water thankfully but the house is freezing. Now when I try to unpair everything and go back to the old simple set up it still doesn't work.
Considering the problem only arose as soon as I connected all devices to the internet bridge, I know it's not the boiler (hopefully!) and hopefully it's something simple I'm missing to get the thermostat to talk to the boiler.
Please help! I really haven't liked this system at all compared to the Google nest in my old house which absolutely never had an issue.

Comments

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭

• Suggestions.
    • 1. Contact Tado support via the App now. They need to check whether the internet bridge actually has pathways to all the controls, or not.
    • 2. Please clarify. How are the Tado controls wired to the boiler? Is there a wireless receiver, or is there one key thermostat controlling the boiler's trigger? Please explain.