w.Intercom = i;New EcoTec Plus and Tado V3 Wireless. NO HEATING :( — tado° Community

New EcoTec Plus and Tado V3 Wireless. NO HEATING :(

Hello, I’ve just had a few boiler installed and the Tado V3 system to accompany along with 4 TRVs.
If I set any TRV in the house to call for heat the boiler does not respond. I’ve tried the boost button and adjusting both Tado and traditional TRVs manually.

If I hit the heating icon on the Wireless receiver then the boiler fires but only runs for 2 mins as expected at a low burner level.

I can see no way of switching the heating on via the Valliant interface on the boiler. I can only set the flow temperature?

How do I get my heating to turn on? House getting cold with two young kids. Any help appreciated…

Best Answer

• Glasofruix
    Glasofruix ✭✭
    edited October 5 Answer ✓

You have to assign each TRV to a room in the app and set the zone controller device in each room to the wireless receiver. This way each TRV should be able to act as an independent thermostat and call for heat (turn the boiler on) by itself. You can then adjust which ones you want to be able to turn the boiler and whic wones should be "standalone" and just control the radiator they're attached to. If you have a TRV and the wireless receiver in the same room you have to set the wireless receiver as measuring device.

If you can turn the heat on with the button it should be wired somewhat properly. What's your boiler and how was tado wired to it? Bus? Opentherm? Plain on/off? You have to use the proper settings.