w.Intercom = i;Can Tapo T315 Smart Temperature & Humidity Monitor Be Linked to Tado Heating Setup for External Temp — tado° Community

Can Tapo T315 Smart Temperature & Humidity Monitor Be Linked to Tado Heating Setup for External Temp

I’m trying to figure out if the Tapo T315 Smart Temperature & Humidity Monitor can be integrated with my Tado setup to sense the room temperature and act as a measuring device for my Tado Smart TRVs.

I’ve seen that this feature is advertised for Kasa Smart TRVs. The Kasa website says:

External Temperature Sensor
Supports external temperature sensors like Tapo T310 and Tapo T315 to enjoy precise temperature control in any part of the room. The TRV automatically adjusts based on readings from these sensors, not just around the radiator.

I currently have a Tado Wireless Smart Thermostat Starter Kit V3+ and several Tado Smart Add-on Radiator Thermostats. I recently purchased a few Tapo T315s hoping to add external room temperature sensors to my setup, but I can’t seem to find any options for this in the Tado app.

It’s a bit confusing because Kasa, Tapo, and Tado are all part of the same company, and the Kasa and Tado TRVs look almost identical.

Has anyone managed to link the Tapo T315 sensors to a Tado setup for external temperature control? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• royi
    royi ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Sorry to disappoint. Kasa and Tapo products are part of TP-Link. Tado is a German company and have nothing to do with TP-Link. I suggest you return the temperature sensors as they are not compatible with Tado.

Answers

• Thank you @royi, that makes perfect sense. I am not sure how I assumed that Tapo would work with Tado and that Tado was part of TP-Link family.

Anyway, I am now looking to buying Tado Wireless Temp Sensors but the price is astronomical, especially for my 10 room setup. £89.99 each!!!

• royi
    royi ✭✭✭

Hopefully the price might reduce end October (Black Friday deals) if that is still a thing.