w.Intercom = i;Hot water OK but no heating — tado° Community

Hot water OK but no heating

Issue: We currently have no heat, however, the hot water is functioning properly. Heating was working when checked a couple of weeks ago.

Items: Viessman Vitodens 100-W boiler, Tado Wireless Thermostat, Tado Internet Bridge, Tado Wireless Receiver

Description: When I set the thermostat to demand heat, I see the heat request LED light up on the Tado Wireless Receiver, but the boiler does not fire up.

Troubleshooting:

- I have made sure that all Tado devices are paired (re-paired all just to make sure). All are running the latest firmware.

- Powered off and on the boiler and wireless receiver

- Brief check of the wiring in the wireless receiver, all wires seem to be secure in the terminals (wired in to the Relay terminals)

Questions:

- When the heat request LED comes on, I do not hear the relay "click" in the wireless receiver - should I hear a noise as the relay is opened/closed?

- When the heat request LED comes on, it fades from bright to dull and back to bright. Reading some Tado technical information this seems to indicate that it is operating in the wrong mode. Should it be a solid light in relay mode?

From the Tado website:
When tado° is requesting heat, the heat request LED will be solid on (for relay systems) or slowly fading in and out (for digital and analog systems). When off, tado° is not requesting heat.

As far as I am aware, we have not changed any setting in Tado or on the boiler. I see that the Tado app has updated some time during the last couple of weeks. From my view, either:
1) The boiler had developed a fault or wiring issue (maybe come loose, but doubtful I think?)

2) The Tado wireless receiver has developed a fault

3) Tado software update or config change has affected operation.

Can anyone offer any advice please on how to further troubleshoot or resolve this?

Comments

• Forgot to say that a "Hot Water" icon has also appeared on the Tado app screen. Not sure why, as we have a combi boiler connected in Relay mode, so thought that Tado won't have any impact on Hot Water.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭

Sounds like something has gone wrong with your configuration. You'll need to contact Tado support for assistance with that

Given that you have a combi, there shouldn't be any motorised valves in your system that could have gone bad so my gut feel is your config has changed to something not supported by your system

• So I found out how to enter the Tado config settings via the thermostat and reconfigured the mode to be R01 (relay) - some how it had been changed to D01. Hearing now working, so all happy!