w.Intercom = i;Tado wireless receiver replacing Honeywell programmer — tado° Community

Tado wireless receiver replacing Honeywell programmer

Hello everyone,

Wonder if someone is able to help solve a slight issue. We have just moved into a new late 80s build house in the UK. The boiler was upgraded around 2014 and was installed with a Honeywell programmer and Honeywell thermostat. I have successfully installed the tado wireless starter kit V3+ and have heating & hot water control via the app.

My issue is the conduit/cables that the Honeywell programmer was wired up to is very inflexible and there is not much slack in the wiring. I was able to wire up the tado wireless receiver successfully but it does not screw into the standard UK 2-gang backbox/pattress and sit flush on the wall. There is not enough slack in the wiring from the boiler and the fused spur to the left of the backbox to reposition the wireless programmer anywhere else on the wall.

Has anyone else had any similar issues and have any suggestions on how to resolve? I am out of ideas and tempted to just get an electrician in to re-wire it all up.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@ross090 Hello Ross. No, the Tado wireless receiver does not line up with the Honeywell programmer screw holes. It's out by just enough to be a nuisance. To move the programmer/receiver location from the inaccessible garage cupboard to the study, we used a small adapter box from Screwfix to fit where the Honeywell backplate was removed and extended the wiring to the Tado receiver with a short length of 5-core.

• mdyson48
    mdyson48
    edited October 20
    I have Honeywell receiver but none of self instal videos I’ve seen shows how to do with those old ones - I don’t have letters as on new one I have numbers so how I connect it?
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@mdyson48 Hello. For users to help … do you have the Honeywell model number(s)? Photos of the device? And photos of the wiring connections? It's easiest to post photos from th web browser.