w.Intercom = i;Tado not turning on Potterton boiler for heating — tado° Community

Tado not turning on Potterton boiler for heating

It works when I send a request to turn the hot water on, but when I send a request to turn on the heating, the light comes on on the wireless receiver but the boiler doesn’t fire up. Any ideas on how I can fix this please?

Answers

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    edited October 3

Something is in the way in the wiring. The wiring centre will usually work on the basis that the Tado wireless receiver acts as a fancy, proxy on-off timer switch for hot water and central heating. When the wireless receiver calls for heat its signal is seemingly routed through another device, perhaps a a wall thermostat (which will determine whether the temperature actually demands heat), or a motorised valve (which determines whether the pump needs to push water through the system). These together can then determine whether the boiler is actually asked to kick off.

It depends on how your system is wired. Are there motorised valves in place? Do they engage fully when the light goes on, or does one of them fail to open? If so, that one needs to be checked.