w.Intercom = i;Tado Thermostat Display. — tado° Community

Tado Thermostat Display.

I have a few Tado Thermostats at home.
One of which: RU4226885632 is not displaying or blurry when the display does come up. I have already changed the batteries.

Best Answer

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @NADz85

I will share the answer provided in your support chat so that other community users can find it as well. As far as I can tell, this seems to have fixed the issue.

The Smart Thermostat needs three standard AAA alkaline batteries, clearly marked with LR03. Do not use R03 or rechargeable batteries as they are too weak.

You can also try the following:

1. Insert a new set of batteries. Even if the set in use is fresh, they might be faulty, or have drained in their packaging.
    2. Make sure the positive (+) and the negative (-) symbols on the batteries match up with the symbols in the battery compartment. Our battery compartment has an unconventional design, so this can cause confusion.
    3. Rub the metal battery contacts with a rough cloth, e.g. a cotton rag. or carefully scratch them with a screwdriver. If your device still hasn’t powered up, this can help to reactivate the connection.
    4. Check that the metal brackets inside your Smart Thermostat haven’t been moved. It’s possible that there’s no physical connection between the brackets and the batteries. If needed, bend the brackets so that the connection is made.

Alternatively, a damaged plastic battery compartment could affect function. If your device is damaged, please send us pictures (pdf or jpg), clearly showing the damaged parts so that we can discuss a possible product replacement.

Answers

• Can you take a photo and post on here?

Blurry is an interesting description as the display is made of of multiple LEDs. I can only think it would be blurry if something physical has happened to the device e.g. it's been dropped and and the circuit board inside has separated slightly. This could also explain why it sometimes doesn't light up if the button is not working all the time

Couple of questions

• If you use the "Blink Display" option in the app device settings page, does the display always light up?
    • Is the device always online or having issues with connection too?

• Unfortunately the photo shows it clear and working, so does not do the issue justice. It has not been dropped, touched. The display is intermittent so the blink works here and there but not each and every time.
  • Not sure what to suggest. How old is it? If it's out of warranty, perhaps ask Tado if you can get some credit towards a replacement? If in warranty then it should be a straightforward replacement

• Umm…purchased and installed in 2021, so most likely out of warranty. Speaking to Tado, so lets see. Could be battery related (LR03 specified) so will give them a change and see.