w.Intercom = i;Wireless receiver not operating heating — tado° Community

Wireless receiver not operating heating

I have installed tado approx 1 year. All has been working fine, however now it isn't.

Cannot switch on heating although app says heating to whatever set

Switching On hot water manually in app, long delay in it activating, the same with switching it off, works okay on schedule.

Have Tried following to resolve

Reset Receiver lots of times, switched off power to both router and mains, no luck. Moved Internet bridge with ethernet extension closer, tried plugging in WiFi extender near to unit. The trvs, receiver and temp sensor are all talking to the app and connected with good signals according to app, the heating and hot water switches work when pressing test button. All the lights are on at the Internet bridge

It last worked without problems when the boiler was serviced a month or so ago as I had to switch things on for the engineer, not had need to switch heating on since.

I can only think this is a firmware issue or the receiver isn't working properly, I am tearing my hair out now and hoping someone can suggest something else. It seems impossible to get in touch with technical support at tado, starting to feel really disappointed in their system I have to say.

I noticed another question on forum sta5ing similar problem with their hot water and they had been told to connect hw to p1 in controller to prove it wasn't the boiler at fault. However there wasn't any further information as to whether that worked or not.

Sorry for length of post but just trying to cover what I have done to resolve

Many thanks

Martin

Ps firmware version is 94.2, I have done Internet search and that said latest was 94.1, could this be issue

Best Answer

• Kurty1955
    Kurty1955
    Answer ✓

I got this resolved so I am now posting outcome.

After dealing back and forth with technical support we must have tried every scenario going.

To cut a long story short it turned out the wireless receiver being the zone controller was switched off, now I cannot ever remember me doing this but somehow that happened. The tech guy switched the zone controller on remotely which makes me think at some point the opposite may have happened. Anyway all's well with the world now. If my issue helps anyone out there as well I will be happy.

Answers

• Is yours a Y plan system? Might the mid position valve be at fault?
  • Yes it is, i checked for valves opening but seemed okay. The relay light on receiver doesn't come on so it isn't calling for heat, it will come on when test button pressed