w.Intercom = i;V3 Wired Thermostat Wiring and config help needed — tado° Community

V3 Wired Thermostat Wiring and config help needed

Hi,

I have a Potterton Promax 28 Combi Erp boiler with a Danfoss TP7001 wired thermostat.

The TP7001 has two wires connected - Red to the 'H ON', Yellow to the 'H COM'. The blue wire from the cabling is there but disconnected.

I'm unsure where these connect in the back of the Tado V3 wired thermostat. I don't know which config to set up either as I can't see my model listed anywhere.

Is anyone able to help / advise?

Many thanks 👍️

Answers

• Something here needs your further input. First, in response to your query:

1. Your existing TP7001 has a simple wiring layout. So does your boiler. Basically it issues a 220/240 volt feed from PIN 2 of the boiler, and if the thermostat 'calls for heat' it completes the circuit between PIN 2 on the boiler and PIN 1.
    2. This means that when fitting a Tado wired thermostat to replace the Danfoss, you should handle the wires as follows:
      1. Kill all power to the boiler and make sure you do not have any voltage reading on the COM connection or the ON connection.
      2. Label the COM connection as COM, 'ON' as 'NO' so if you get interrupted you dont lose your thread.
      3. Remove the Danfoss.
      4. Fit the Tado backplate. Wire in COM to COM, 'NO' to 'NO' on the Tado.
    3. Make sure that the Tado internal battery on the front side of the thermostat has its isolator paper removed.
    4. Push the front on.
    5. Turn on the boiler's power. It should all work.

However, what am not clear about is - are you just replacing the thermostat, or are you also adding a Tado controller? If the latter, are you clear about what needs to happen to replace the time controllers?

Please make sure that you are careful when you handle the wires.