w.Intercom = i;Potterton promax he plus with timer: which option is better - wireless or wired? — tado° Community

Potterton promax he plus with timer: which option is better - wireless or wired?

OK, so taking a step back and need some advice on which way would be better to take.

• fitted with Potterton promax he plus and an old Danfoss 103 mechanical timer and Danfoss RET-230P thermostat, but...
  • timer works (heating comes on / of as expected) but it turns out the thermostat is not doing anything (incorrectly wired - it's an old house and I keep finding some interesting solutions throughout….)
  • I bought Tado Wired as the www suggested (assumed there was thermostat already so the product chooser would suggest wired)

Wondering what would be a better option: go with the wired one where the timer is (support indicated this would be possible) or bite the bullet and get wireless kit (as the www suggests)?

What would be the pros / cons of going wireless or wired in this case?

The other potentially relevant piece of information (which might determine if wireless makes sense): currently the boiler is connected to a switch (white wire), alongside 2x wires running to the timer and 1x power supply wire.

Answers

• policywonk
    policywonk ✭✭✭
    edited October 9

When I was looking to save money on heating, and a quietly warmed home, which turned down when i was at work, after much experimentation, found that smart radiator valves on every radiator in the house saved me money, measurably.

• Then configured the wiring so that a Tado extension kit controls both HW and CH.
    • Then replaced the pump with one that self adjusts according to demand.
    • It all paid for itself within 2.5 years.

Had that boiler in my first home. Costs go down fast with radiator smart stats, properly set by the app.

No, don't work for Tado, am not a plumber, or sparkie, just an end user.