How can I remove a Smart Thermostat, leaving the extension kit enabled?

Options

I recently installed the smart thermostat, together with an extension kit and several smart radiator thermostats. Now I realised I do not really need the smart thermostat anymore, as all the temperature sensing will be taken care of by the radiotor ones. Is there anyway to disable/remove the smart thermostat, while leaving the extension kit and radiator thermostats intact?

I have found options in the app to remove radiator thermostats, but not the smart thermostat itself.

Answers

• same here. exclusively use the smart rad valves, - my smart therostat just sits there, seems a waste!

• rmim
    rmim
    edited November 2019
    Options

A while back I bought a starter pack just smart rad valves and internet bridge. I set them up. they worked fine.

I then bought an extension kit to fire the boiler - I tried to connect that to system:

Tado told me I cant do that - That I had to buy a Smart thermostat! So I did. They took ages by email to get them all working together.

I dont believe there is a physical reason why you cant just have internet bridge/smart rad valves and extension kit - the software has to allow for it. Tado would not configure it like that for me. Not sure if they have since changed (this was about a year ago).

You can however turn the smart thermostat off. Tado configured the rad valves to work independently of Smart thermostat but it had to be there.

As it was a waste like you said I returned the extension kit and put the smart thermostat near the boiler as it can fire up the boiler using a cable. (as long as you dont need it for hot water, as only the extension kit can handle both CH and HW).