w.Intercom = i;Offline during night — tado° Community

Offline during night

Hi,

Hi all,

New to Tado as I just purchased my v3+ system. Wired thermostat installation was fine, and also added 5x smart TRV easily. It's been only 2 nights, but yesterday morning I had one TRV go offline overnight, came back online when I just removed it and put back on. This morning I now have 2 offline, the one from yesterday + one that is closer.

None are particularly far away from the router (max 30 feet), so am a bit concerned as I have a few still in the box waiting to be installed when I finish redecorating upstairs, which may be a bit further.

What is the typical range for this system? Is this normal or is it possible that some TRV units are faulty?

Thanks

Comments

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @PandaAlex,

Sorry to read your Smart Radiator Thermostats have been having connectivity issues.
    To answer your questions:

- Our tests show that the Internet Bridge’s range can cover two-/three-storey dwellings. However, this range can also be affected by the building’s characteristics and the number of devices installed.

- The likelihood of your Smart Radiator Thermostats being faulty is quite slim. Your Smart Radiator Thermostats are most likely losing connection to the bridge. This could be caused by an external device that disrupts the radio signal or a distance between the Smart Radiator Thermostats and the Internet Bridge.

As a first step, try to move the Internet Bridge to a more central spot and see if this solves the issue. Propping the bridge upright can also help.