Very poor reliability

I am getting fed up with replacing radiator thermostacs at £70 a time, could you please upgrade the design to something that can last more than a couple of years as I feel any savings I get from using Tado is more than spent on the replacements.

Good when working but very very expensive to run.

Kind regards

Russell.

Comments

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭

Don't forget this forum is made up of tadoº users so when you say "could you please upgrade" you're not addressing anyone from the company . . .

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin

Hello @RussellHuffer,

Sorry to read you've been having issues with your Smart Radiator Thermostats.

- Could you provide more information about the problems at play? Our community members might be able to help / learn from your experience.

- Have you been in touch with tado° Customer Support? Many of our devices come with a 2-year warranty. Our support team can help you diagnose the issue and determine if you are eligible to receive new devices under said warranty.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator

@RussellHuffer What are your failure rates? In 27 months with 24 TRV, three wireless room stats, and two dongles, we have one early TRV failure.
    The savings here are £900 a year on running costs. The £70 extra to replace a TRV is not cheap but is a marginal ROI effect.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭

Yes, curious to know the failure rate being experienced. If it's high, I'd be looking at external factors e.g. stiff pins in the valve body might be overloading the motor

I just have 7 active TRVs but they've been in place for 4 years with no issues.

w.Intercom = i;