Very poor reliability

Options

I am getting fed up with replacing radiator thermostacs at £70 a time, could you please upgrade the design to something that can last more than a couple of years as I feel any savings I get from using Tado is more than spent on the replacements.

Good when working but very very expensive to run.

Kind regards

Russell.

Comments

• SteveIreland
    Options

Remember; everything you buy is covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. You have the legal right to claim for a replacement for up to 6 years, although it gets progressively harder to do so as time progresses.

Have a read through this:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/claim-using-a-warranty-or-guarantee/

As the product originates from the EU, the guarantee period is a minimum of 2 years, you can request a repair or a replacement during this time.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Don't forget this forum is made up of tadoº users so when you say "could you please upgrade" you're not addressing anyone from the company . . .

• Emcee
    Emcee Admin
    Options

Hello @RussellHuffer,

Sorry to read you've been having issues with your Smart Radiator Thermostats.

- Could you provide more information about the problems at play? Our community members might be able to help / learn from your experience.

- Have you been in touch with tado° Customer Support? Many of our devices come with a 2-year warranty. Our support team can help you diagnose the issue and determine if you are eligible to receive new devices under said warranty.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@RussellHuffer What are your failure rates? In 27 months with 24 TRV, three wireless room stats, and two dongles, we have one early TRV failure.
    The savings here are £900 a year on running costs. The £70 extra to replace a TRV is not cheap but is a marginal ROI effect.

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, curious to know the failure rate being experienced. If it's high, I'd be looking at external factors e.g. stiff pins in the valve body might be overloading the motor

I just have 7 active TRVs but they've been in place for 4 years with no issues.