Introducing myself

Options

As suggested by @samd, I am making a short post to introduce myself as the community forum’s new admin.

Hello!

My name is Emcee, I live in Munich, Germany and am a member of tado°’s Customer Experience team. I hold a M.Sc. from the Technical University of Munich. My thesis was focused on hydroelectricity. I worked in the field of renewable energy before joining tado°.

As administrator for the tado° community, I hope to make this space a vibrant one. My goal is not to take the place of long-standing community members. To the contrary, I would like to encourage peer-to-peer support as much as possible. Please don’t hesitate to answer questions or respond to discussions. Support or constructive criticism towards tado° is welcome, as long as submissions are phrased in a manner that adheres to the community’s netiquette.

I don’t think this forum should be used for compatibility checks or urgent technical questions (these issues can be best resolved by tado° support). Rather, it should be used to to foster a strong and informed community of tado° users. I am especially looking forward to discussions about how to optimize users’ set-ups and suggestions on how tado°can improve its offerings. I know that many suggestions have already been made in the past. Please be assured that these were not made in vain and that tado° was indeed listening. In fact, we continue to listen.

In order to revitalise the forum and get new users involved, I think the community needs to become more moderated and interactive. To this end, I’ve listed 2 of my top priorities below. I would be keen to hear feedback from established community members.

1- Adding tags to the forum

Labels related to tado°product generations (V1, V2, V3, V3+) could be added to new posts. This way, users can focus on posts related to the generation they are most interested in / familiar with. If you have other ideas for tags, please let me know! 

2- Nominating moderators 

Many of you are very familiar with tado° products and devices. So much so that you could help moderate the forum. That could mean: defining how new posts should be tagged, deleting content that breaks the forum’s netiquette, or marking best answers.

Thanks for welcoming me into the community.
I am looking forward to your feedback 🙂

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    Options

@Emcee Welcome to the forum MC.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

Comment by paragraph title:

I don’t think this forum We, of course, cannot dictate what comes in but a fair quota arrives because of poor support by tado such as time taken to respond, failure to understand problem etc. and there are some members here well capable of providing those answers. Why the need for such rigidity?

Adding tags to the forum I have no idea which version I use and it follows that I have no knowledge of the differences of those versions. Will it add anything at all to the running of the forum?

Moderators Much needed even if only to rid us of the garbage posted about certain services available!

Feedback was not mentioned by yourself and is something most of us miss. These was a time when we were made aware of what members had suggested and which had been approved for development including timescales. Silence breed many things mostly negative charged.

Sam

• Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Options

Hey @samd,

Thanks for the feedback 😊

I don’t think this forum You are correct. We know that since support can take time to answer (especially in autumn and winter), tado° users are prone to post their technical questions / problems in the forum, incorrectly assuming this will lead to faster responses. I plan to make it clearer to users that posting in the forum will not solve their problems faster. I will do so by integrating some type of written pop-up that will appear when users begin a new post. When it comes to lowering wait time for support, tado° is constantly trying to improve, including on this front.

Adding tags to the forum Perhaps there are better options. How would you feel about tags delineating topics having to do with devices vs. services? Might this be more useful? Or do you think tags are not needed at all?

Moderators Glad you like this idea. I think it will really enliven the community and users.

Feedback Yes, I am sorry about that. The community forum was left to its own devices for a few years now. This seems to have bred a culture of mistrust. This was certainly not tado°'s goal when we launched the forum. As a sign of my openness to you, I can tell you that tado° holds product planning meetings once per month and that I already have a list of topics from the forum to discuss at the next meeting. If the product planning team gives me any feedback regarding implementation and timeline, I can keep forum users in the loop. All that being said, I cannot share all developments as some have to be kept under wraps per tado° management's instructions.

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@Emcee

1. Thanks - no comment para 1
    2. Tags - personally can't see the need but depends on how you prefer to manage it.
    3. Feedback - good stuff!