Redesign internet bridge and provide longer cables.

Options
Hello. I would to suggest that:
1. The internet bridge is designed so that the cables come from the top not the bottom of the device. This would allow the device to stand upright freely away from the wall (2 requirements for best placement)
2. I would also like longer cables to be provided for the internet bridge - the length of the power cable and Ethernet cable provided make it impossible to site the internet bridge in the correct position without purchasing your own longer cables.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

@JenPe I must be missing something here!! My bridge works perfectly well in its current upside down position with the leads coming out from the top and you can buy almost any length of both cables from Amazon for about threepence a foot!

• JenPe
    JenPe
    Options
    Hi there. Unfortunately, I have had lots of connectivity problems with my tado, resulting in the heating come on without any instruction, normally in the middle of the night. So I connected tado for some help. They suggested that I look at the placement of the bridge - including placing it upright and away from a wall and floor. I’m trying to do this but found the design of the internet bridge and length of cables restrictive. I appreciate that you can buy cables but for what is already and expensive system, I thought it would be helpful if tado provided some longer ones in order to meet the placement criteria. That’s my experience anyway. I’m pleased that yours works, but I’ve just had a few problems.
  • samd
    samd ✭✭✭
    Options

You are certainly right on the expense front - fair point.