Tado Smart AC V3 + Google Wifi Pro / Modern Router

Options

Hi

I'm struggling to connect my V3 Smart AC Control to both my Google Wifi Pro and my Digi Internet Router.

Both of those routers have 2.4ghz AND 5ghz included but they don't separate the SSID. Those are effectively intelligent routers.

I've successfully connected 2.4ghz-only appliances to the Google Wifi Pro via the Google Home App.

But the Tado Smart AC V3+ don't. Could this be because of it? Has someone successfully connected Tado appliances to a Google Wifi Pro or similar router/mesh system?

Answers

• briand
    Options

Maybe I am wrong but……you need the tado appliances to connect to the tado internet bridge. Plug that in to any ethernet port and it will pick up all the devices. I have a wireless controller, it also connects to the internet bridge. The internet bridge then connects to tado.com and initialises the devices. Take a little while though, also the internet bridge is 100Mb/s and not 1GBit/s

• otipep
    Options

Hi @briand thanks for your answer

This being said I don't quite understand what you mean and what to connect via an internet bridge means

I can reas this article: https://support.tado.com/en/articles/3403617-do-i-need-wi-fi-to-use-tado but equally don't get how I can physically connect those V3 Smart AC Tado to an internet since they don't have anything else bar a Micro USB cable > plug!?

Thanks

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

@otopep You should have a tado internet bridge (aka internet dongle) that plugs into your router. All the other Tado devices talk to the internet via this bridge.

• GrayDav4276
    GrayDav4276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @otipep
    What tado devices do you actually have.....you don't seem to recognise the terminology "Internet Bridge" which is probable the most important tado device.
  • briand
    Options
    As per above :) Hopefully you have one or have procured such