Interaction between smart thermostat & smart trvs

Options
Fatjac
Fatjac

Hi. I fitted a new TADO wireless starter kit a couple of weeks back. After some initial teething problems it is now working fine & I am pleased with it.

I now wish to fit some smart trvs. My questions is about how they will interact. I have fitted the smart stat in the living room & want put trvs in the bedrooms. The advice seems to be NOT to fit trvs in the room that has the smart stat. So what happens when the smart stat is satisfied, ie not calling for heat, & one or more trvs are calling for heat? I cannot see how this will work because water will flow through the non trv radiators whilst trying to satisfy the trv demands.

in reverse I can understand. If the main room calls for heat the trvs can shut off.

Help please!

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

If you don't want the living room to be heated when its 'stat is off but the bedrooms are calling for heat you need to add tadoº TRVs to the living room. When you install them use the app to put them in the same virtual room as the smart stat and it will control them more accurately than they are able to do themselves . . .

• Fatjac
    Options
    Thanks. Your comment makes sense to me. I asked because I thought that I read somewhere that you should NOT put trvs into the same room as the thermostat? Perhaps I got that wrong?
  • wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Options

You would not put a manual TRV in the same room as your thermostat. However, you can put a Tado TRV and Tado thermostat in the same room. The Tado 'room' settings in the app should default to the thermostat as the measuring device. The Tado thermostat accuracy is +/- 0.1 deg C, while the TRV accuracy is +/- 0.5 deg C.