Tado if overshooting with new boiler

Options

Hi, I recently swapped my old system boiler for a combi. I specifically got a boiler with opentherm so Tado could modulate it and that is all wired up and working fine. I’ve actually had my Tado for many years and have swore by it. But since swapping the boilers my rooms are always over shooting when they didn’t do that before.. but actually I think its the Tados fault:

Room is set to 21C

17:35 wireless thermostat is reading the room just hit temp 21C

17:58 I still have 3 bars on (it drops 2 two the next minute) 23 mins after we reached temp?

18:20 Still have 2 bars on (it drops to one the next minute) now 45 mins since we reached temp

18:37 Finally after an hour of reaching the set point it goes to no bars

Is this normal? Because I contacted support and he told me my flow temp is too high? But its been doing this since I had the boiler installed first week of Feb.. Am I reading the graph wrong? why is it continuing to ask for heat after the room hits temp. I instinctively expect it to stop calling full at least when it reaches or earlier?? Do the 3 bars not mean the same thing with a modulating boiler / opentherm connection? Its definitely modulating as the front panel shows flow temp going down to 35c and I’m not setting it that low myself.

Thanks

Answers

• policywonk
    Options
    Fastest solution?
    Recalibrate your thermostats so that they switch off power at lower temps.

Alternative is to ask Tado to reset your wall. Their algorithm has been set based upon the rate at which the house temps rose and fell with the old boiler. It needs a clean slate. They may act as though they don't know about this but they can reset the system.

They may suggest you need to change the wireless controller, but try these ideas first.