Additional Wireless Thermostats

Options
I have three wireless sensors, and three radiator thermostats. Currently, each of the main rooms is my house has one of each (I.e. one sensor and one thermostat).

When my house gets cold, I’d like to be able to increase the temperature in all rooms simultaneously and centrally, without needing to go into each room.

Is it possible for me to buy a 4th sensor, and use that to adjust the temperatures on each thermostat? It would mean that each thermostat had two sensors paired to it - the local one and the central master one.

Answers

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

(i) Why not just use the app?

(ii) Surely if the thermostats (wireless temperature sensors I presume) are set to keep the temperatures of the rooms at the level you want them to be they will turn the heating on automatically without any intervention needed.

• briand
    Options

I am under impression you would have 1 wireless sensor for the house and multiple radiator thermostats. 1 wireless sensor (controller) can manage them all - I have this setup and it works well. UNLESS, you are Zoning each room and having a wireless controller / thermostat combo - this probably is cumbersome as you cannot be sure which wireless controller manages which thermostat (I cannot see how you would configure the "coupling". I understood a second wireless controller is required only if a part of you rproperty is out of reach of the first wireless controller. That is meant by Zones.

In reality, each room can be set up to it's own temp ranges and schedules.