Setup help / programmer question

Options
Hello All,

Appreciate anyone's help in advance, and if anything below I have done wrong or need to do more.

I have the v3 wired starter kit + 1 more wired thermostat.

I have replaced 2 x Danfoss4000 thermostats (one updtairs bedroom and doenstairs hallway) with the tado wired ones. Was just COM TO COM AND NO TO NO. There is an earth cable in the housing behind earthed.

The programmer (Danfoss TS715-Si) is in the airing cupboard with the boiler (Alpha intec 34c). I have not touched or rewired anything on the programmer or boiler. I am told to leave the programmer to "ON" which I did and left it for a good 24 hours.

My target temps were set at like 18 and the house was 21 and 22. With the programmer in the on position the temps never came back down and the rads were still warm. Am I missing something?

Unless I change my boiler to summer mode manually which is pretty much turning off the central heating the temps dont come down.

Comments

• Terry26s
    Options
    To note on the Programmer I have on, off, all day or auto. I did also see on here someone saying about the all day function is what it needs to be on, but unclear.
  • Terry26s
    Options
    I have set it to "ALLDAY" ON the programmer and upstairs seems to be okay. Set at 17 and lingering around 18 with rads off. Downstairs I set to 19.5 and it qas 18.1 it has now Gone up to 21 and says set to 19.5. The rads are all on still? I get half a degree more to not make the boiler work, but 1.5 degrees seems out, otherwise what's point of having target temps.
  • Terry26s
    Options
    An update for anyone that cares and may or may not be able to help. The danfoss actuator head valve seems to stay open (floppy) once temps hit so going to try replace that first as the upstairs valve seems to work fine and rads turn off upstairs once temps hit.
  • Emcee
    Emcee | Admin
    Options

Hi Terry26s,

Did the strategy you described in your last message produce the desired results?