Not fit for purpose

Options
The quality of the internet bridge, and therefore all other elements of the tado range are not fit for purpose!

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 section 14 (2A) and (2B) they do not meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory (2A), and are not fit for all the purposes for which goods of this kind in question are commonly supplied (2B) (a).

The range of the internet bridge is inadequate to cover the area of a moderate bungalow (250SQM). The TRV’s loose connection to the internet bridge requiring to be reset on an almost daily basis rendering the whole system inadequate.

There is no alternative solution that has been provided by tado and numerous threads relating to this complaint have gone unanswered.

@tado, what is your proposed solution?

Comments

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Don't forget that this is a forum for tadoº users. The tadoº support team can be emailed at operator@tado-844a35e31252.intercom-mail.com

• cuke2u
    cuke2u ✭✭
    Options

My internet bridge covers a large 4 bed detached house with all inner walls made from brick.

So more than adequate...

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Our house is a little larger with block walls on the ground floor and stud on the first. Most of the rooms are covered by the bridge and now I've relocated the Wireless Receiver it too has become pretty much 100% reliable.

It would be very helpful if tadoº was to introduce signal boosters, but I think all the smart heating systems have some Achilles' heels . . .

• davidlyall
    davidlyall ✭✭✭
    Options

@jimbonakasaki,

A 250m2 house is well above average size and the fact that it's a bungalow will mean that it's much more spread out than a two storey house of the same floor area.

Do you know the construction material of the interior walls? That has a big impact on range

If you haven't already done so, it would be worth trying to get your bridge as high as possible. Do you have a loft that it can be moved into? If you do and there's power up there, an ethernet powerline adapter is useful and effective for getting your bridge into the best position possible.

I completely agree that Tado should have done something about this a long time ago (along with several other basic enhancements) but as @hugbilly says, all of the systems on the market have limitations.