A problem of eBUS communication only for heating system since January 17th

Options

I have had tado installed in my house for almost 2,5 years. But since January 17, 2024, I have had problems with the heating. It looks like my tado thermostat stopped communicating with eBUS for boilers, but only for heating. The boiler in the heating system does not communicate with the thermostat, but only on the internal temperature measurement. I tried hooking up a regular old thermostat to the boiler and everything worked, so the fault is not with the boilers or the relay. Water heating is working properly. Does anyone have a similar problem? Does anyone have any advice? How to contact tado technical support? Isn't the problem in SW? I have versions 92.1 for Internet Bridge and 97.1 for Smart Thermostat.

Comments

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

I think something odd happened around the 17th / 18th of this month. I don't use OpenTherm, just relay switching, but on the morning of the 18th the boiler fired spuriously a couple of times and after I contacted tadoº on "operator@tado-844a35e31252.intercom-mail.com" and the member of staff there confirmed there had been a "data issue."

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options

Well I suppose I'm only surmising that there might have been a widespread issue, it could have been that it was simply a local problem with my system; but I take your point . . .

• ondrobody
    ondrobody
    edited January 23
    Options

I don´t think it was a local problem. I went through the tado community forum and found other posts with similar issues. I am so much disappointed about tado company behavior ...

• ondrobody
    Options

I have had a long chat with technical support form tado. After reviewing my case they advised me to buy a new thermostat, while my is out of the guarantee period. Well, I have expected their accessories last more than 2,5 years.