Starting from scratch

Options

Hi all,

I'm in the fortunate position to be establishing my heating system from scratch, and i'm wondering if tado could work with my intended set up.

• System boiler and 210l Indirect unvented gledhill hot water cylinder
  • 12 radiators across 3 bedrooms and one bathroom, 3 - 4 sinks
  • 50 sqm of wet ufh in one open plan kitchen (one thermostat zone), supplied by continal. Calculated at 4.4kw. Salus wiring centre.
  • The house itself is edwardian and is therefore poorly insulated (albeit with recent upgrades to double glazing and suspended floor insulation), we have done what we can.
  • The open plan kitchen extension (where the ufh is) is very well insulated.

Will tado even work for me? I have read elsewhere that it doesn't work with this set up. Can it control hot water cylinders?

The stat supplied with my ufh is a salus, although im open to changing to tado if it would work better.

I have not yet picked out my boiler, so if anyone has any recommendations for boilers working well in a similar set up to the above, please let me know.

Cheers!

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work. Your main issue would be communications with the bridge. There are hundreds of posts here from people with larger or stone walled houses complaining about it. Tbh I think the simplest option would be weather compensation and manual trvs. It’s a cheaper option too.
  • wateroakley
    Options

Ditto, can’t see any obvious reasons to say why it would not work. Our rellie has Tado working happily in their 3 story Edwardian villa. If you are concerned about the Tado connectivity, suggest that you buy a wireless starter kit and a TRV, about £150-ish, from one of the reputable suppliers with a refund policy. You can then test the Tado connectivity throughout your house before spending £lots and finding it’s not for you.