Stop starting heating in the morning

Options

Hello,

my TRVs start at 06:30 in the morning as per configured schedule and stop at 21:30 in the evening.

Let assume it is night, after 21:30, and the TRVs are already in OFF mode.

How can I avoid to switch to ON the next morning without configuring a new schedule?

Comments

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I don’t quite understand what you mean by your trvs starting. Do they open? Are the rooms they’re in set to trigger the boiler? Assuming I understand your question correctly, you would create one time block from 21.30 to 00.00 and another for 00.00 to 06.30. You can then set the temperature in those blocks to whatever you want.
  • hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    “Switch off all Rooms” until you require heating?
  • steff70
    Options

Try to explain better.

The Tado system does not let me define multiple "scenario", such as: everybody is at home, just me doing smartwork, just my wife is smartworking, me and my wife smartworking, etc. etc.

So I have set a general schedule that is "everybody is at home" where the TRV schedule follows the central boiler timing (06:30 to 21:30). Then every evening I have to manually adjust with the app what i need to happen the next morning. Example: if tomorrow I am smartworking and nobody else is at home, then I avoid to heat all the big house but the kitchen, bathrooms and my studio.

So... it is evening and tomorrow I just want to heat some rooms. I manually put @ OFF all the rooms but kitchen, my studio, etc.

• If TRV are still ON (before 21:30) then I can set to OFF and tomorrow all the room but the kitchen, studio, etc. will be OFF until.
    • If TRV are already OFF (after 21:30) then I can not tell to TRV not to switch to ON the next morning.

Unfortunately Tado, according to me, has a very very high potential, but it lacks on the software side.

In other words there is no way to define "scenarios" or multiple schedules and pick the one that fit my needs.

• hugbilly
    hugbilly ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, it would be very useful to store more than one schedule in the system but, sadly, tado doesn’t appear to be undertaking any further development . . .
  • steff70
    Options

So... how to avoid that a single TRV starts in the morning, so remain off, without changing the schedule?

• GrayDav4276
    Options

With the best will in the world......how do we expect tado to be able to cover the vast number of "one off/individual" heating schedule scenarios that "may" be a specific requirement of our "unique" households........just how many different options would be appropriate....??🤔

There are cases where we (the user) need to actually carry out adjustments to our "usual" schexules that are specific to our own needs........SMART doesn't actually mean "ALL ENCOMPASSING"

• steff70
    Options

I do not agree.

Ok... Tado does not implement different "scenarios" so I have to work on different way.

The point is that it seems that: if the TRV is ON, then I can put it to OFF and tell to it to stay OFF until I manually change it. BUT... but if it is already OFF, I can not tell to it to stay OFF and do not switch to ON at the next schedule without changing the schedule itself.

This is a nonsense

• wateroakley
    Options

I think this does what you want? The room is OFF: Turn the room ON manually and move the time slider to 'FOREVER'. Close the time slider and move the room to OFF and it remembers 'FOREVER'.

• steff70
    Options

Yes... thanks.... it works in this way.

If the TRV is already OFF, to avoid to switch to ON the next morning, I have to switch to ON, then back to OFF.