Range of Internet Bridge / Multiple Bridges

Options

I've recently bought a Tado Wired Smart Thermostat and 6 Smart Radiator Valves for use in my apartment, but came across an issue I wasn't expecting:

I live in a 2 storey apartment with concrete construction and an unconventional plan, which means 3 of my Radiators are out of range of the Internet Bridge. I haven't been able to connect them all, no matter where I place the Bridge. I know I can still use the Radiator valves in manual mode, but I want to have a seamless experience.

Is it possible to purchase an extra Bridge and have all the devices connected?

Comments

• hugbilly
    Options

No, this is the Achilles heel of the tado system, you can only have one bridge and no signal booster is available. tado has been left behind in this regard by other systems.

I believe some people have suggested using a second bridge might be possible if it was associated with a second tado account but that would be pretty clumsy and I imagine 2 wireless receivers (if they were were part of the particular system) would be required.

You might like to consider returning your tado kit and considering an alternative system such as Wiser . . .

• caseira
    Options

That's unfortunate, I found Tado to be the only solution that really delivers on all my needs, being able to request hot water from the boiler and independantly heating each room. Design-wise it's also the cleanest I've seen.

After some testing, most of the radiators seem to be connected and only one loses connection often. Hopefully some fine tuning will do the trick.

Thanks for the help!

• Jimsky
    Options

The internet bridge communication issue is an absolute shambles!

• Scrawf
    Options
    I cannot believe that Tado don’t allow the use of additional Bridges on their system to act a signal boosters for people in this situation. They have know about this for years. Google it and you will see literally hundreds of threads about this. Why oh why don’t the get of there arses and do something about this? A single Bridge is prone to losing its connection to the Internet and losing connection to other Tado devices. And they are not very good at recovering. It’s about time Tayo sorted this out!