How to connect with Apple Homekit

Hello,

I am trying to connect the Tado Bridge with my "Home" on my iPhone.

So I go, as instructed, in to the "home" app, and then choose "add accessory" and then scan the code on the bridge.

But the Tado bridge does not appear as an accessory that I can add.

I previously added successfully a Phillips HUE bridge, so I know what the process is supposed to look like.

Using an mDNS browser I see that the TADO bridge does announce itself. So it should be visible on the network.

What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Hello Krist,

Please make sure the Bridge and the phone are connected to the same network.

You may also need to perform a Factory reset of the Internet Bridge (hold its Factory reset button until the lights flash) before trying again.

Please contact our support if the issue persist

Best regards,

Germán

• I got the same, identical issue. I tried resetting the internet bridge, no way. It doesn't work.

Anyone can please help?

• same issue here. even after forwarding a port didn't work....

• same here... :( Philips hue works fine but the Tado bridge cannot found...

• chybee
    chybee
    edited January 2020

I'm facing the same issue. Bridge connects via wire to the same router that transmits the wifi that the phone/tablet connects to.

I tried it on different iPhones and iPad but tado internet bridge doesn't show up at all. There was only one instance it appeared after a long wait but even after adding that to HomeKit none of the devices seemed to be connected. Since I removed this instance, reset the bridge I cannot find a way to get my bridge show up in HomeKit. It is really frustrating. I spent almost 2 days with tinkering with it and no matter how easy it should be to connect nothing of tado is visible in Homekit.

I even made my wifi router to act on 2.4 GHz only but it changed nothing.

Is it a known issue? Is it temporary? Is there a workaround?

• did you find a solution in the end? hmm lights on my bridge don't flash if I press and hold the factory reset button?