Automatic switch on.

Options
Is there a way to get the heating to come on automatically if it falls below a certain temperature? I could do it with my old not so smart system. I can only seem to set time to come on and off.

Best Answers

• Rik762
    Rik762
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would image that setting a suitable minimum temperature in Settings / Smart Schedule would activate it for you.

• wateroakley
    wateroakley ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can set a minimum heating temperature or 'frost protection' in the in the 'home' schedule by editing the temperature in the time slots from 'Off' and 'Frost Protection' to 'Heating' and your minimum temperature. E.g this time slot is set to 'Frost protection'.

Similarly you can set minimum 'Away temperature' in the 'Away' tab. E.g. this room is set to 8 deg C.

If your boiler and/or pipework is in an unheated space, e.g a garage, it should have hard-wired frost protection. E.g. 'Frost stat' and 'Flow stat'.

Answers

• am84
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply. I can’t see anywhere to set a minimum temperature.
    I’ve had the system a while but haven’t used it much but now the weathers turned just trying to get to grips with it.
  • am84
    Options
    That’s great, thanks for the info