Will Tado work with Trianco Oil Boiler / pumped CH / gravity HW which has a Honeywell valve

Options
Hello,

Tado is arriving today and I’m looking to replace the Howneywell programmer. The heating configuration is an oil boiler downstairs then HW tank upstairs. There is a motorised valve just before the HW tank. So I am able to turn on the CH or HW independently. there’s a thermostat on the HW tank and there’s NO thermostat for the CH.
The current wiring is an absolute mess so I have run two new 5 core cables between the boiler and HW tank as that’s where the current controller is.
So first off is this a configuration that compatible with the Tado? Secondly can I then add smart radiator valves to control individual rooms?

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Ok on further investigation/googling I would say my heating system is a C-Plan. Would that mean I follow the wiring instructions as per a S-Plan but omitting the CH valve? And then which configuration should it be set to? As the HW is Gravity fed.
  • davidlyall
    Options

I believe that should work OK but someone with more experience than me will be able to advise

Tado will give you customised install instructions if you tell the app what controls you currently have in place but it does support gravity fed systems and the fact you have an oil boiler shouldn't matter

You will be able to add smart TRVs later. What type of dumb TRVs do you have at the moment?