what tado starter kit to buy

Options

Hi, i have been let down by the chat bots so trying here: I am replacing a system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 630 ERP. I have a hotwater storage tank, one zone of wet underfloor , 14 rads in total of which 6 will need to be controlled via smart TRVs. I am unsure what starter kit to buy. the online chat points me to wired one, but when i read about wired, it says suitable for combi (which is definitely not my case). I want to be able to control undefloor heating via a smart thermostat (downstairs) and bedrooms/study radiators via smart TRVs(6) and hotwater (storage) all by the tado system . I know i will need 6 Smart TRVs, 1 smart thermostat for area covered by wet underfloor (currently wired thermostat). But I am unure what kit to go for as the main controller. Any pointers? The chat gives different results each time so really not able to make a decision.

Answers

• johnnyp78
    johnnyp78 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options
    What is the online chat? If it’s tado support it’s pretty bad if they keep giving you conflicting advice. Regardless, if you have a system boiler and want to control hot water you will need the uk wireless starter kit.
  • tushar_s2
    Options

Thanks @johnnyp78 . I mean the chat feature on the tado website was confusing. It ask about underfloor and rads and points me to Starter Kit - Wired Smart Thermostat V3+, but it doesnt ask me for hot water atall. hence the confusion.

Based on your suggestion above and the description for a wireless system (Starter Kit - Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+):

"You need this option if you have a hot water tank with a hot water controller and want to control your hot water with tado°. Or you have a thermostat with a wireless boiler connection or no thermostat at all.

I think i am inclined to go for wireless. The only challenge (or lack of detail) is that it doesnt mention additional one for underfloor via smart thermostat/smart TRV are also compatible.

Once again thanks for the prompt human response!! was missing it