Extension Kit as a Hot Water Programmer - Help!

Options

Hello, 

I am having trouble with adding a wireless extension kit to control my hot water programmer. Quick summary of my existing setup: I have had a Tado setup in my house (a 4-year-old new build) for about 4 months. There 2 thermostats downstairs which connect to UFH. Upstairs there is another thermostat setup as a zone controller for our 4 radiators, each of which has a Tado TRV. The system is working well. There is also a hot water cylinder upstairs, which was controlled by a single-channel programmer. We have an Ideal Logic System S30 boiler.

Tado support had advised that I could fit the extension kit in place of the programmer and sent over wiring diagrams. Here is the wiring setup:

Old wiring

Tado wiring

I did this the other day and Tado support then configured the device to work as a hot water programmer. However, it does not seem to be working correctly. When I test the hot water by pressing the hot water button, the cylinder is calling for hot water and the boiler is firing. After two minutes the 'on' LED turns white again, but the programmer is still 'on' and calling for hot water. On the Tado app, changing the hot water on or off does not do anything so it currently cannot follow the scheduled timings. 

I am waiting to hear back from Tado support but can anyone offer any help or advice in the meantime? Thank you!