TRV’s not being passed heat when requested

Options
Hi all,

I have now connected the zone controllers but now have a new issue. I have two wired smart thermostats that go to their own zone switches in the cupboard upstairs. They’re then connected to the boiler by electrical connection (Electric boiler) . The issue I have is that the boiler only gets called for heat when one of the smart thermostats calls for it. If one or all of the radiator TRV’s call for heat they get ignored until the smart thermostats call for heat. Has anyone had this issue and resolved it or does anyone know of a way to fix this? It’s worth noting as well that there are about 4 radiators that don’t have a TRV at all.

It routes like this, BOILER - PUMP - ZONE SWITCH 1 - Front room thermostat with 2x dumb radiators -END.

BOILER - PUMP - ZONE SWITCH 2 - Hallway thermostat - Controls the rest of the house and all TRV’s (only 2 dumb radiators)

I feel like the dumb radiators are going to get in the way of any real solutions.

Thanks for your time people 😊

Comments

• johnnyp78
    Options
    Have you set up rooms in the app? If so, what zone controller are they linked to?
  • Thanks for your response Johnnyp78, yes there are rooms setup in the app - they are as follows;

Front room - Smart wired thermostat and 2x dumb rads- these run off zone controller switch 1.

Hallway - Smart wired thermometer and 2x dumb rad zone controller switch 2

All the following run of zone controller switch 2;

Kitchen - 1 x Tado TRV rad
    Downstairs toilet - 1 x dumb TRV rad
    Dining room - Tado TRV rad
    Bedroom 1 - Tado TRV rad
    Bedroom 2 - Tado TRV rad
    Bedroom 3 - Tado TRV rad
    Bedroom 4 - Tado TRV rad
    Family bathroom - Dumb TRV rad
    En suite - Dumb TRV rad

Hope this helps
  • I tried removing zone controller privileges from both smart thermostats and using purely as just a smart temperature sensor thinking that would give all equal priority but no joy. I’m wondering if it needs to be wired in before the relay switch now and not after it, as in upstairs in cupboard next to boiler before it goes down to the zone switches and into the thermostats
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    How is the zone controller thermostat calling for heat? Does it have its own room on the app? You could try putting it in one of the other rooms and making sure that it’s not the measuring device.
  • Yes they are in their own rooms, I’ve just been there now to try that but it looks like they need to be in their own room, I can’t edit it like I can the TRV’s. But what I’ve done now is move the coldest room’s TRV into the hallway thermostat room so hopefully it’ll kick in. I’ll update you, heating going on in a mo. Thanks for your help so far, appreciate it
  • johnnyp78
    Options
    Hmmm. It sounds like there’s a communications issue between the zone controllers and the trvs. Might be worth talking to Tado support to make sure they’re set up properly.