Recurring Nightmare . . .

Options
hugbilly
hugbilly ✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in General Questions & Topics

Have just been through one of those nightmare "disconnection sequences" which I fear become part of the "life with tadoº" experience one becomes used to after living with the system for a few years.

A double whammy this time, overnight disconnection of all devices, including a TRV about two meters from the bridge. This was cured by a restart of the hub but what followed was prolonged "slow blinking" of the wireless receiver. The latter was sorted out by another bridge restart and moving it out of, and then back to, its original position; I think!

The purpose of this post, however, is not to moan particularly but to invite other forum members to speculate about what happens to the system in these situations. I think it's more than just signal strength, although I do have a plan to relocate the wireless receiver, because, as I said above, at least one of the TRVs is very close to the bridge and yet the latter had lost contact with both it and everything else.

When all the devices pop back up again and work, as they have done for the rest of the day, one feels a great sense of relief, but it would be so much better to have a system which did not produce a feeling of underlying anxiety because of its extreme flakeyness in this regard.

New hardware where art thou . . .