Self installation

Options
We have chosen to have our Tado wireless thermostat installed professionally. The pro told us Tado as a product is fab but he says it should not be classed as self installation because once you take off the boiler cover you have broken safety regulations and would need it to be assessed by a professional afterwards.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• royi
    royi ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I installed mine nearly a year ago. I have the Wireless V3+ kit and didn't have to remove the boiler cover, I just had to replace the existing programmer. So, removing the boiler cover doesn't apply to everyone.

• hugbilly
    Options

Likewise, my Y plan system has a junction box where the feed to and from the valve, connect to the boiler and programmer. The latter was simply replaced by the wireless receiver so no opening of the boiler casing was needed . . .

• Ali69
    Options
    So have now had it fitted. You are right my boiler cover didn't come off but I still was pleased a pro put all the wires in right place .
  • seems to me that your 'pro' is merely trying to protect his job.

• PinguCol
    Options

Can anyone please tell me where in the app I can find the option to book a professional installation? I cannot see it. I've looked in "Care & Protect".

• royi
    Options

That option is no longer available. Are you experiencing as problems with the system?

• dmgk
    Options

Has anyone have details of an installation engineer in Western Suisse, Vaud, Lausanne?